Memorial day weekend is the start of the Summer Season and one of the biggest sales days of the year you can find huge discounts on many products but not all of them will be at their lowest prices of the year.
Three of the biggest blowout shopping days every year are Black Friday, Labor Day, and Memorial Day.
Memorial Day weekend is a holiday weekend in the United States that typically falls at the end of May. It is observed on the last Monday of May and serves as a remembrance for the men and women who died while serving in the U.S. military.
During Memorial Day weekend, many people in the United States take advantage of the long weekend to spend time with family and friends, enjoy outdoor activities, or go on short vacations. It is often considered the unofficial start of the summer season, and many people take part in activities such as barbecues, picnics, beach trips, and camping.
In addition to the recreational activities, Memorial Day weekend is also a time when people honor and remember the sacrifices made by military personnel. Many communities hold parades, memorial services, and ceremonies at cemeteries and war memorials to pay tribute to fallen soldiers. It is common to see American flags displayed and placed on the graves of veterans during this time.
It’s worth noting that specific events and traditions may vary from one location to another, as Memorial Day is observed across the entire country but celebrated in different ways depending on local customs and traditions.
What to buy during Memorial Day Sales
Shopping early can snag you some deals, but you need to be picky as everything is not on sale. The retailers tend to kick off their Memorial Day sales a week or more in advance.
With inflation continuing to shoot up prices on household essentials like mattresses and appliances is all the more important to shop around to get the best deals available.
Memorial Day Appliance Deals
Memorial Day sales are the time to shop for appliances like refrigerators and washing machines. Top players with deals on appliances include Best Buy, Lowe’s, and Home Depot.
Memorial Day Mattress Deals
Memorial Day weekend can snag you a good deal on a mattress.
Mattress Retailers often kick off their mattress sales a few weeks or more in advance. You will start seeing advertising “Blowout deals of 50% off or more” on select mattresses, as well as mattress sales and online promo codes.
In addition to big discounts, look for king or queen specials and freebies.
Common freebie promotions include free mattress toppers, free bed frames, and free pillows with purchase.
Additional Promotions on California King, Full Size, Queen, and Twin.
Memorial Day furniture deals
Looking for patio deals?
Home goods deals including deals on outdoor furniture, decor, and accessories proliferate during Memorial Day sales.
If you’re looking for a new sectional, couch, dining set, or bedroom furniture, check out local furniture stores.
Buying furniture is a major decision so tread carefully.
Memorial Day tool deals
Memorial Day sales are the best time to stock up on tools, especially with Father’s Day looming around the corner.
Check out Home improvement retailers like Home Depot and Lowe’s for sale on Power Tools. Hand Tools, Accessories, Tool Storage and Safety Equipment.
Memorial Day clothing deals
With summer around the corner, retail stores are eager to push out spring clothing and make way for the new season’s styles.
Check Macy’s, JCPenney, Kohls, and Dillard’s for sitewide and department-wide sales.
Many clothing and shoe stores offer a free gift with purchase and BOGO promotions during the Memorial Day weekend sale.
Expect lower prices on swimsuits, beachwear, and sandals for the summer.
Memorial Day Outdoor Sales
Going camping this summer?
New to camping? Your next camping trip starts during memorial day. Shop outdoor camping gear & equipment from top brands at the lowest prices.
Check out Memorial Day long weekend sales on bikes, fishing gear, camping equipment, tents, sleeping bags, outdoor cooking, survival, and hiking gear.
What not to buy during Memorial Day sales
Avoid Summer apparel, sundresses, swimsuits, beachwear, and sandals during Memorial Day weekend unless it’s on 60% or more sale.
The outdoor grill will be around 20% Off, wait till labor day for 50% off.
TVs and electronics, best to wait till Black Friday.
Better deals on iPad or Macbook during Back to School Sale.
How to save during Memorial day weekend
Saving money during Memorial Day weekend can be achieved by implementing some practical strategies. Here are a few tips to help you save:
- Plan ahead: Create a budget and make a list of items you need to purchase or activities you plan to do. This will help you stay focused and avoid impulse buying.
- Look for sales and discounts: Memorial Day weekend is known for its numerous sales and promotions. Keep an eye out for advertisements, both online and in stores, to find the best deals on items you need or want to purchase.
- Comparison shop: Before making a purchase, compare prices at different stores or online retailers. This way, you can ensure you’re getting the best possible deal on the items you want.
- Utilize coupons and promo codes: Check for coupons and promo codes that can help you save even more on your purchases. Many retailers offer special discounts during holiday weekends.
- Consider DIY activities: Instead of going out to expensive events or restaurants, consider planning some do-it-yourself activities. Have a picnic in the park, organize a family game day, or host a barbecue at home. These alternatives can be just as enjoyable and more cost-effective.
- Limit dining out: Dining out can be expensive, especially during holiday weekends. Instead, plan meals at home and take advantage of the long weekend to cook and enjoy meals with family and friends.
- Staycation or local travel: If you’re planning a getaway, consider a staycation or explore local attractions. It can save you money on transportation and accommodation costs while allowing you to discover new places near you.
- Avoid unnecessary expenses: Be mindful of unnecessary expenses such as impulse purchases, unnecessary souvenirs, or activities that don’t align with your budget. Stay focused on your financial goals and spend wisely.
Remember, saving money doesn’t mean you can’t have fun during Memorial Day weekend. By being conscious of your spending and making smart choices, you can enjoy the holiday weekend while keeping your finances in check.