Pizza is an American favorite, whether it is thin crust, Chicago-style, deep dish, or anything in between.
Pizza places across the nation are celebrating National Pizza Day with discounted pizza and other specials.
Everyone is celebrating National Pizza Day by enjoying a slice (or more) of pizza on Feb. 9, 2023.
Here are a few pizza places of both local and national chains offering deals for the occasion.
- Pizza Hut: $5 N Up Lineup; buy two or more select items starting at $5 OR get a $10 Large Meat Lover’s Pizza.
- Dominos: Take home any two medium pizzas, bread twists, salads, pasta, stuffed cheesy bread, and more for just $5.99 each.
- Papa John’s: For just $10, get their brand new Alfredo garlic parmesan crust pizza.
- BJ’s Restaurant: Use code 10OFF40 for $10 off any orders of $40 or more through Feb 9.
- UNO’s Pizzeria: Buy one pizza at regular price, get 1 for $7 [takeout only].
- Shakey’s: Get a medium pizza along with a 1/2 pound of their famous Mojo potatoes for just $16.
When is National Pizza Day?
National Pizza Day on February 9th 2023.
It’s the day to celebrate one of America’s all-time favorite foods.
A few Pizza Facts
- Pepperoni is the most popular pizza.
- Up to four billion pizzas are sold annually in the USA.
- The first Pizzeria – Antica Pizzeria, opened in Naples, Italy, in 1738.
- The first Pizzeria in the United States – Gennaro Lombardi – opened in 1895 in New York City.
The Works Pepperoni, Canadian bacon, spicy Italian sausage, onions, green peppers, mushrooms, and black olives.
Pepperoni, sausage, beef, bacon, and Canadian bacon.
Pepperoni plus a double portion of spicy Italian sausage.
BBQ Chicken Bacon
BBQ sauce topped with all-white chicken, bacon, and onions.
Hawaiian BBQ Chicken
BBQ sauce with chicken, bacon, onions, and pineapple.
Here are the deals on National Pizza Day, Feb. 9, whether it is thin crust, deep dish, or anything in between.
Which is the better, thin or thick crust?
It depends on a variety of factors and personal choices.
If you want to taste the toppings at their best, a thin crust is the way to go.
Some toppings fair better on one type of crust versus another. Some sauces require a thicker, more durable crust.
Eating too many carbohydrates can increase your cravings by raising your body’s insulin levels. This crust is more healthier.