Refurbished products are products that have been previously owned or used and have been restored to a like-new condition. Customers may have returned them, used them as demo models, or used them for testing purposes.
These products are typically inspected and tested by the manufacturer or a third-party company to ensure they meet the same standards as new products. They may also come with a warranty or guarantee to protect against defects.
There are a few benefits to buying refurbished products:
- Cost: Refurbished products can be significantly cheaper than new products, making them a good option for budget-conscious shoppers.
- Quality: Refurbished products are often inspected and tested to ensure that they are in good working order to offer the same quality as new products.
- Sustainability: Buying refurbished products can be a more sustainable option, as it helps to reduce waste and resource use by extending the life of products.
It’s worth noting that refurbished products may not come with the same accessories or packaging as new products and may not have the latest features or technology. Researching the seller and reading reviews before purchasing a refurbished product is important to ensure you get a good deal.
Why Pay More for similar brand-new gear? Refurbs deals can look like they’re a steal! A pre-owned model can be a great score, but Buying refurbs requires caution!
Refurbs are sold at a fraction of the cost of a new item.
Apple Certified Refurbished products from Apple’s Refurbs store are always in perfect working condition, have superb quality plus price savings, and are backed by a 1-year warranty.
What You Need to Know Before Buying Refurbished
- Refurbs are almost sold at a considerable discount, but buying previously owned items can feel unsettling.
- The bottom line is that you’re buying a pre-owned item that someone probably bought six months ago and either returned or traded in.
- For instance, if you are trying to save money on a refurbished Roomba or stand mixer, you’ll have better luck buying directly from the manufacturer.
- The refurbished phones offered by manufacturers and cell phone carriers are generally “certified,” meaning they’ve been inspected to ensure they’re in good working condition.
- Third-party Refurbished may not come with a warranty, or the contract may not be good.
- “Trustworthy refurb” is a misnomer!
Is Certified refurbished good?
Manufacturers generally offer the best return policies and warranties, and many companies follow their protocols when testing and refurbishing pre-owned items.
Adding “Certified” means you will pay more, but they come with a Manufacturer’s warranty and Guaranteed Manufacturer quality.
Note: It’s always advisable to buy Refurbs products directly from the manufacturer.
Add a New Refurbished Coupon
Found a great deal or promo code? Share the savings!
Factory refurbished or manufacturer-refurbished products are the best refurbs and have a manufacturer warranty.
What Does Refurbished Mean?
‘refurbished’ means returns or damaged items inspected and repaired by the manufacturer or third party.
Most brands like Apple, Samsung, and Lenovo offer generous 1-year warranties on refurbished electronics.
Is it good to buy refurbished?
Refurbs are good to buy if a manufacturer’s warranty covers repair risks.
What are the disadvantages of Refurbished Products
There are several potential disadvantages to consider when purchasing refurbished products:
- Quality Issue: Refurbished products may not be as reliable as new products. Although the product may have been repaired, some of the components may still be worn or outdated. As a result, the product may not last as long as a new one.
- Warranty: The warranty on refurbished products is often shorter than the warranty on new products. This means that if the product fails, you may not be able to get it repaired or replaced for free.
- Limited availability: Refurbished products may be available in limited quantities or only for a short time. This can make finding the exact product you’re looking for difficult.
- Compatibility issues: Refurbished products may not be compatible with newer technology or software. This can limit their usefulness and make them difficult to integrate with your existing systems.
- Uncertainty: Because the product has been previously used and repaired, there may be uncertainty about its condition and reliability. This can make some buyers hesitant to purchase refurbished products.
Is it better to buy refurbished or used?
Generally, a refurbished item is more expensive than a used one. Both will be cheaper than new in any case.
Used ones with a warranty are a good option.
Is refurbished the same as new?
A refurbished device was store returned or used as a store or dealer display item.
However, Refurbs undergo a rigorous testing process as new devices do, so defects are repaired and come with the makers’ warranty.
Is getting an Apple Watch Refurbs worth it?
Are used Apple Watches good? Refurbished Apple Watches from Apple’s store are in perfect working condition; Apple won’t sell a previously used Apple Watch that’s less than perfect.
Buying from a third-party store or marketplace is a hit or miss.
Does refurbished mean it was broken?
Refurbished means that the product has been restored to like-new condition, though the definition of “like-new condition” varies significantly.
The refurbished product can be:
- Customer Returns
- Defective Returns
- Damaged Product
- Display Item
Can a refurb product be re-sold as new?
It is generally considered deceptive and unethical to sell refurbished items as new. This is because refurbished items have been previously owned or used and may not be in the same condition as a new product.
Refurbished items are typically inspected and tested to ensure that they meet certain standards, and they may come with a warranty or guarantee to protect against defects. However, they may not have all of the same accessories or packaging as new products, and they may not have the latest features or technology.
Selling refurbished items as new can mislead customers into thinking that they are purchasing a brand-new product, when in fact they are getting a product that has been previously owned or used. This can be a violation of consumer protection laws and can damage a company’s reputation.
It’s important for companies to be transparent about the condition of the products they are selling and to clearly communicate any differences between refurbished and new products to customers.
Selling Refurbished Items as New is a Type of Fraud.
FCC requires that refurbished and reconditioned items are correctly labeled.
Once a product is returned, it cannot be sold as new, even if it was never used. So, returned items may be lawfully sold as “refurbished” for a fraction of the cost of a new item.
Most Refurbs come with a manufacturer’s warranty, like new products and the certified refurbished promise.
Mac, iPad, iPhone, Apple Watch, iPod, Apple TV, Accessories
Refurbished Amazon Devices
Refurbished Amazon devices, such as Echo speakers, Fire tablets, and Kindle e-readers, can be a good option for those who want to save money while still getting a reliable device from a trusted brand. Amazon’s Certified Refurbished program ensures that the devices have been inspected, tested, and certified to work, look new, and come with a limited warranty.
Refurbished Game Consoles
Refurbished game consoles, such as PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo Switch, can be a good option for those who want to save money while still enjoying their favorite games. Refurbished game consoles are devices that have been previously used and returned to the manufacturer or seller. The manufacturer or seller then repairs, cleans and tests the device to make sure it works properly before selling it again at a reduced price.
Refurbished game consoles may have some cosmetic imperfections or signs of wear and tear, but they should still work fine.
Refurbished game consoles may not be compatible with the latest games or accessories, which can limit their usefulness.
Refurbished tech products, such as laptops, smartphones, and cameras, are pre-owned devices that have been restored to their original working condition. Refurbished products are often sold at a lower price point than their new counterparts and can be a great option for those looking to save money while still getting a quality device.
Refurbished tech products may have some cosmetic imperfections or signs of wear and tear, but they should still work fine.
Refurbished home audio products, such as speakers, amplifiers, subwoofers, soundbars, and receivers, are pre-owned devices that have been restored to their original working condition. Refurbished products are often sold at a lower price point than their new counterparts and can be a great option for those looking to save money while still getting quality audio equipment.
What is refurbished warranties?
Refurbished products may come with a warranty or guarantee to protect against defects. The warranty or guarantee terms may vary depending on the seller and the product.
Some refurbished products may come with the same warranty as new products, while others may have a shorter or more limited warranty. It’s important to read the terms of the warranty or guarantee carefully to understand what is covered and what is not.
It’s also worth noting that refurbished products may not be eligible for certain warranties or guarantees, such as manufacturer’s warranties, if they are not purchased directly from the manufacturer or an authorized retailer.
Suppose you are considering purchasing a refurbished product. In that case, it’s a good idea to research the seller and read reviews to ensure that they have a good reputation and offer good customer support. It’s also a good idea to purchase refurbished products from a seller that offers a warranty or guarantee to protect against defects.